Company -> Careers
Careers at Symology
The company has vacancies for Software Developers in our Dunstable, Bedfordshire office.
A great opportunity to join our team of 50 Software Developers, expanding and enhancing our product range to take advantage of the latest technologies.
You will be coding and testing new software using a wide range of technologies, including C#. You need to be a competent developer with a computing related degree or significant commercial experience, plus a good understanding of the full software life cycle. Prior knowledge of web app development, C# or Java, and relational databases will be an advantage.
This position could be the start of your career in development, analysis/design, project management or technical research.
Street Works Product Consultant
Due to continued success of the company, Symology is looking to add an additional Street Works Product Consultant to our growing team, based in our offices in either Warrington or Sheffield.
This role requires excellent knowledge of Street Works legislation and would benefit from having proven skills for gathering customer requirements, drafting proposals and implementing Business Process improvements.
Although predominantly working in the North, you will be supporting all of our Street Works customers in England, particularly with their challenges arising from the DfT's Street Manager project, as well as in Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a subject matter expert for Street Works Legislation and codes of practice
- Have an understanding of the technical requirements of both ETON and Street Manager
- Have (or develop) a detailed knowledge of Symology’s Street Works software
- Provide high quality advice and guidance to existing customers
- Keep abreast of the latest national initiatives and standards
- Prepare and deliver presentations to assist sales activity
- Analyse and improve customer business processes
- Deliver Product training
- Support Customers
- Gather detailed business requirements and design suitable solutions
- Produce high quality documentation
- Provide Quality Assurance testing of new releases of our software products